For my birthday this year I compiled a small list to help guide Bear in the right direction. When I say small, I actually mean tiny. 3 things to be exact.
- My fave chocolates from ‘Chocolates For Chocoholics’. If you’ve never tried or heard of them, you really should, they’re the dogs nuts. Google them, google them now people!
- An Amazon voucher to feed my book/e-book habit.
- Socks because I literally only had like 3 chuffing pairs.
Not an unreasonable list, right?
So what did he get me?
- A pack of vanilla votive candles from George at Asda which smelled yummy so no issues there.
- A bottle of ‘Glow’ by J Lo. Hmm what the actual…
‘Glow’ smelled like soap, and cheap soap at that. Within minutes of spraying a small amount on my pulse points I was coughing and spluttering. I actually felt the need to rip my own throat out just to get rid of the overpowering smell. ‘Glow’. Does. Not. Smell. Good.
On the plus side I received some lovely gifts from other family members but I couldn’t help but feel slightly pissed off that once again (this isn’t the first time it’s happened) Bear didn’t listen.
Before you say that I shouldn’t be so ungrateful, I do appreciate the gesture. He wasn’t to know how shit ‘Glow’ would smell and it was in a beautiful bottle, I’ll give him that. Maybe I should just put it on the shelf and look at it. But it’s that disappointment isn’t it. No one should feel disappointed on their birthday. I bet sodding J Lo doesn’t!
I nearly died just a couple of months earlier giving birth to his fourth child, I should’ve been dripping in diamonds by this point not suffocating in a cloud of effing soap – I don’t actually expect diamonds but you catch my drift, right?
Oh well there’s always Christmas to look forward to. Help me pray that Bear finally listens, oh and some socks would be nice too.
It’s a good job he’s pretty!